Who we are
The information we collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Personal Information you provide to us
- Automatically-collected data
- Information we get from third parties
Personal Information you provide to us
When you interact with our Site or mobile app, we collect Personal Information that you choose to share with us. For example, when you set up an account with us, we may need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, a social security number, a phone number, your mailing address, your email address, and your date of birth. We may also collect other information such as a copy of your government-issued identification and a selfie image for verification purposes. Please ensure that you only send us an image of yourself. Do not include any images of others. To open a business account the collection of business information may include but is not limited to, your business name, tax identification number, business address, business telephone number, business bank account information, business-related documentation, telephone number, or email address.
Additional information will be requested at account opening and may be requested throughout the life of the account relationship to meet regulatory and legal requirements. If you choose to provide us with personal information, business information, financial information, and financial data, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located within the United States. When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer, in addition to your name and email address.
When you visit our Site or use our Services, we collect information about which of the Services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. Examples of this information include:
- Usage information on our Site or mobile app (e.g., pages you visit on the Site, webpage from which you linked to our Site);
- Time and date of your activities;
- Location from which you browsed the Site;
- Device ID;
- Your IP address;
- The kind of browser and computer you use;
- Name of your internet service provider; and
- Operating system version.
Information we get from third parties
We may collect Personal Information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties, as permitted by law. For example, we may collect information from third-party verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources to verify your identity. We may also collect information about you from third parties in connection with any identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law.
How we use your information
To provide the Services:
Paygears may use your Personal Information to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Manage individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Verify an individual’s identity by comparing your selfie image against your government-issued identification;
- Process payment for products or Services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Allow you to register for events.
For internal business purposes:
Paygears may use Personal Information for its internal business purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Paygears’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services or improve existing products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Communicate about individual accounts and activities on Paygears’s Services and systems, and, in Paygears’s discretion, changes to any Paygears policy;
- Comply with regulatory requirements;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the Company’s rights or property;
- Comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations or court orders; and
- For any other purpose for which you have given express permission or consent to Paygears.
For marketing purposes:
Paygears may analyze and use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Paygears may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
How we share information
We may share Personal Information about you in the following ways:
- To verify your identity. For example, we may share information about you with credit reporting agencies to verify your Social Security number.
- With vendors and service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and Services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; and (iv) customer service activities; (v) fraud prevention; (vi) analytics services; and (vii) in connection with the provision of the Services. These service providers have contracted with us to only use the Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which the data were originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed.
- Business partners. We may share Personal Information with our business partners, affiliates, and for our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also share Personal Information with business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. In the event of a transaction or proposed transaction involving the transfer of substantially all of the assets of Paygears or one or more of its businesses to another entity, whether an affiliate or a third party, or in connection with a bankruptcy, we may share your Personal Information in the diligence process or to otherwise facilitate the transaction, and with individuals assisting in the transaction or in connection with a bankruptcy. Your Personal Information may also be one of the transferred assets as part of the transaction or bankruptcy.
Cookies & analytics technologies
We may also use analytics tools such as Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Site, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Site by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How long we keep your information
We will retain your information for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our products and Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Our Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services. These websites are operated by third parties not controlled by us, and by linking to them or being linked from them Paygears does not endorse, approve or make any representations about Third-Party websites or domains. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website and domain that you interact with. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or domains and you visit them at your own risk.
Our Services may contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible social media platform, blog, or chat room, or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We have no control over such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, forums or otherwise online and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
Paygears takes commercially-reasonable steps to protect the data you have given us from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. However, please be aware that no transmission of Personal Information over the Internet or the electronic storage of this information can be absolutely guaranteed to be free from unauthorized use or access. Before submitting any Personal Information via the Site or Services, please keep in mind these risks and know that you do so at your own risk.
Your Choices Communications Preferences:
We may give you choices regarding the sharing of your information with affiliates and third parties. Choices you have about the sharing of your information will be described in the privacy policies or notices you receive in connection with the products or Services you obtain from us.
Other Rights and Important Information
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Services are directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will use commercially-reasonable efforts to delete such information.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. Paygears does not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals